Friday, May 24, 2013

Birth


I’ve arrived. I’m alive
Cried before looking up at your smile
Safe in your arms
Kept away from harms way
A new life has been blessed today

My earliest memory
You were right there next to me
Holding my hand as we roamed around Tivoli
It was only us
Then others picked me up
And that’s when I met the rest of my family

I detested school, because I was away from you
I remember kindergarten and recall when we parted
Things were new without you
And so it started
I tearfully watched as from the gates you departed

Whenever I had a terrible day
The voice was always there: “Sweetheart it’s ok”
That comforting face above that loving embrace
Within a heartbeat I’ve found my tears had been erased

As time went by I saw myself change
Regardless, though, you were still the same
The most beautiful person I’ve seen since birth
First thing I see in my life on this Earth

I owe you everything and more
For all that you’ve done for me
You are the reason why my life is everything it’s come to be
Now I wait for my turn to take care of you
And show that my love is genuine and true

The sixteenth of March 1992
Was the day you carried a baby smiling at you
All the while, your smile
Left me nothing but beguiled
No mother alive should outlive her child



“I love you mom. You are and forever will be my hero”

2 comments:

  1. Not bad. This work has a good bit of flow- I was actually rapping it out in my head.

    One thing I think you should work on is the metre. This aspect was out in a few places which resulted in alot of the rhymes being... clumsy.

    Overall- nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback man :) However I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the metre ;p can you give me an example with a line from my Birth piece?

      Delete