Friday, May 24, 2013

Stranger


I wanted to be there, where she would be. Not for me. What others don't see is what I feel. What I feel is what she tries to conceal behind her eyes.
I thought I could be her wall, pick her up when she falls. After telling her I would be there when she calls she started standing tall. Just when I thought I fought away all of her danger, I realized I protected a complete stranger.
I was blinded by hope thinking I could change her. My caring nature was the ink I used to rewrite the end of her story. Now she doesn't worry nor see the last memory of her past demons. Relief is now the force that leads her to believe there are more spirits of joy over her.
Despite this delight over fright her sight is unlike before. Like a dark door blocking a room that is bright from the inside.
She seems serene but the lies she told me still chase her.
Yet I am still seen through the eyes of a stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment