Friday, May 24, 2013

Me Behind the Mirror


An only child with an identical twin who resides within glass. Hides behind a dark cloak at times when he leaves home.
The brothers exit the door, one melts to the floor, forming a silhouette of the brother he’s never met.
What people don’t see is which one’s really me
The twist in the tale: In our midst lurks The Ventriloquist.
He hides in front of everyone’s eyes
And presides over his puppet brother.
You may be wondering who’s the puppet and who’s the master…
Well dear reader, the truth of the matter is the answer moves faster than all those who attempt to catch her.
I should know the answer but I can only feel her.
A confession to the question: Which one is behind the mirror?
Am I the reflection awaiting resurrection?
Or am I the lie that resides inside and tries to imitate life from the other side?

No comments:

Post a Comment