Friday, May 24, 2013

Disappearing Ink


Every blink of my eyes inks just another line in my memory journal I’ll write in until the day that I die
The ink from reality
Sinks into the diary
My Quill fills the pages
Turning life into memories

It feels like centuries
Since the book was first inked
I look back through the paragraphs
Remember the laughs and faces I’ve met
So many precious scenes I’ve seen
I never want them to go missing

Re-reading the writing written at the beginning…
Tearing at the sight of my ink disappearing
Memoirs lost, left in noir after the colors turned to dust
I try to will my Quill to fill the gaps
And map my way through livid verses
Nurse the curse of reversing the vivid

Fragments of my remnants, though not permanent, are still clear
I feared losing them before, but now I’m tearing no more
Locked in a state of shock, my fear has overrun
From the beginning until now I’ve been writing Chapter One

No comments:

Post a Comment